Introduction to Gutenberg
Edit web pages using blocks.
Insert, rearrange, and style multimedia content without technical knowledge.
- Reduces the use of plugins
- Easier use of multimedia
- Web pages which work across screen sizes and devices
- Your editor and the web pages look the same.
A large choice of blocks.
The Classic Editor plugin allows users to switch back to the previous editor.
Most serious disadvantage: big learning curve.
The Classic Editor plugin
Classic Editor is an official plugin that restores the previous (“classic”) WordPress editor.
Classic Editor will be fully supported and maintained until at least 2022, or as long as is necessary.
- Administrators can select the default editor for all users.
- Administrators can allow users to change their default editor.
- When allowed, the users can choose which editor to use for each post.
- Each post opens in the last editor used regardless of who edited it last. This is important for maintaining a consistent experience when editing content.
By default, this plugin hides all functionality available in the new block editor (“Gutenberg”).
Demonstration of Gutenberg
Demonstration on YouTube
Demonstration on WordPress.tv
Settings for MKHA websites
Owners of a test website can change their editor by going to Settings > Writing